2.27.2013

Kellan's new BFF Ann Romney

So a while back I had titled a slew of posts that I needed to do and some how missed a few of them! So while this one may be late in the game, it's still pretty good. :)

Back in October (yes october) my family went to a small rally to see Ann Romney speak to our community. Even though Kellan was really little, he wanted to show his support and so we let him tag along for the fun.

Well we get there and set up in the front and anxiously await Ann Romney. Because it was a monumental day, I was taking pictures and my dad had the privilege of holding Kellan. The moment that Ann Romney came in and went up on the stage she looked over towards us and proclaimed to the crowd "oh my goodness what a cute baby! He is absolutely adorable, just look at him!" As proud of a mom as I was about that, I was even more proud as she continued to point to and reference Kellan as the future of the United States, and how we need to think of "cute little kids like him" when we are voting because our votes will impact not just now, but our children, and grandchildren. I was dying! She was referencing Kellan and everyone was just ooing and awing over him. I was beaming.

Once her speech was over she got off the stage and came straight towards us! She then asked if she could HOLD Kellan and get a picture with him! I about died! So of course I'm taking as many pictures as I can and then all of the other photographers were taking pictures as well! After she gave Kellan back to my dad and went down the line I was bombarded by reporters to get Kellans information and my information for the newspaper! It was so neat to have Kellan be the little star of the rally. About 15 min later, Ann came back down the line and got a few more pictures with Kellan and also my dad. It was so much fun! Also, please note that Kellan was chewing on a 'Vote for Mitt' pin the whole time...

Ann Romney and Kellan! Mitt was there in spirit



Of course I was dying to see the paper the next day. I was talking to my parents and we were expecting to see a little article and maybe a picture buried in the community section in the back by the obituaries. To our surprise Kellan made the front page! His photo was highlighted and he even made the article! Once again, I was one proud mom! While the election didn't favor the Romneys, I am still proud to say that Kellan was Ann's man for the afternoon.












1 comment:

  1. soo cute! love that she wanted a picture with him! to cute! what a stud!

    ReplyDelete