5.22.2013

Be grateful I don't have pictures...

This morning marked a milestone which every mother dreads. One that you know will happen eventually, but pray it's a mild case, rather than what you've heard from other mothers. Well, unfortunately Kellan doesn't do anything half way, and this morning was no exception.

Kellan pooped in the bathtub. Let me rephrase that, he had a blowout.

We have a pretty solid routine that after breakfast, we take a bath. He plays for like 20 min and then we clean up, easy peasy.

Today, things went a little differently. I will be honest, when it first happened, I hesitated and thought to myself what every young mother who has instagram thought, "I should take a picture for later" then the second round happened and all documentation thoughts went out the window.

Long story short, after a few scares of Kellan grabbing for poop, screaming because he's being contained, getting the tub drained while trying to filter/collect everything and keep Kellan from running wild in our apartment, I was able to get everything sanitized and clean. Including Kellan.

Longest morning of my life. Thank goodness for morning naps and hot chocolate.




2 comments:

  1. ugh emberly used to make a routine of pooping in the tub! she's scared to death of poop in the tub. if she does it, she'll fly out of that tub and scream until it's all cleaned out!

    ReplyDelete