6.16.2012

Mitch's graduation weekend!


 Before I flew out to Ohio for the summer I was able to go to Utah for the weekend and celebrate with the family for Mitch’s graduation! It was a party for sure! I met up with the family at City Creek and did some shopping/had some dinner there and then we went back up to Provo to Mitch's home. It was seriously so nice to be with family and catch up. I always forget how funny we get when we're all together. Throughout the night,  Mitch perfected my "getting up off the floor" routine and had us all rolling, and I will admit, I almost peed my pants, ALMOST. We stayed up late and reminisced about childhood memories and were 'corrected' about how they really went down by my parents and just had a great time.

It was great, on Saturday we met up with my Aunt Linda and cousin Kelsey and her hubby, Jake and went to the Tulip Festival over at Thanksgiving point. We had a blast walking around and being with family. The park was HUGE and just filled with hundreds of different types of tulips. While it was really great to be there, it was SO HOT, and when your 8 months pregnant, by the end of the day, I wasn’t the happiest of campers and needed a break. Haha

 (for some reason I couldn't find the rest of my weekend photos so I stole the following ones from my cousin's blog. Thanks Kelsey!) 
My Aunt Linda and I

Me, Kelsey and her husband Jake! 

The following day we went to the Grand America Buffet! OH MY GOSH-seriously it is heaven on earth. It’s become a family tradition for when we’re all in Utah, and I’m seriously so thankful for that! The buffet has everything you could even imagine and then some! I like to start off with crepes, then an omelet, then maybe some prime rib, then sushi…etc. By all means, this place is not for the faint of heart and there is a reason we only go once a year…MAYBE twice.  After the buffet we lounged around the rest of the day and packed up to go home early Monday morning!

This was AFTER we gorged ourselves at the Grand. Oh man-I love this family tradition! 

Needless to say, we had a blast all weekend long celebrating Mitch and his great accomplishment of graduating from BYU! Wahoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment