6.16.2012

Summertime beginnings


From the beginning of April, our lives got extremely crazy. David accepted an internship that would have him go to Thailand for a total of 10 weeks and work with a world wide market research company called TNS. This was an opportunity of a lifetime so needless to say, we were going to make things work out. Since I was too far along in the pregnancy we realized that I would have to stay back and hopefully he would be able to come back to the states for little Kellan's birth. Well, everything was a success, after much deliberating, and prayer, we finalized a plan that would work out for both his internship and our growing family. David would leave mid April for Thailand, I would continue to work till the end of the month and then go to Ohio and be with my family for the birth. David would come to Ohio for 2 weeks around the expected due date and after the birth of our son, (hopefully) he would return to Thailand till July. 

Well, our lease ended in the beginning of April and we weren’t leaving for a good 2-3 weeks after so we needed a place to stay. Our amazing friends Amber and Brant said that we could take over their basement for the time being and it was an absolute dream! We had so much fun and stayed up way too late a lot of the time. It was so nice to be in a home with great friends and not just a hotel for a few weeks. Also, let’s not forget that I had some serious pregnancy hormones going on and so having them there as a support during a very difficult transition was an absolute DREAM!

So after being there for a week, David left for Thailand to do his internship and then after 2 ½ weeks, I left for Ohio! It was so surreal because once I left, that was it; we were never going to be in Rexburg again. Sure we would later need to pick up our stuff from storage or visit some friends, but we would never LIVE there again-we were done with college and life was starting! I felt like such an adult. Haha

Well, after my last day of work, I drove down to Salt Lake to meet up with my family to celebrate my brother, Mitch’s, graduation from BYU! Wahoo!! What a party weekend it was. I love being with family because we’re constantly laughing and joking. (see later post for details) I love being with family!

After a great weekend with everyone Mom, Dad and I headed back to Ohio and life at home with the parents began once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment