10.08.2012

Best day of my life...

Almost. Today has already been monumental and it's only 10:45. Awesome right? Let me explain.
Growing up the fall was my LEAST favorite time of the year. Not because I didn't like football games, beautiful leaves, or even the fall flavors. It was because I hated being cold, and worse, I hated being cold in my own house.

My dad is NOTORIOUS for not putting on the heat until late November. He would just tell us to put on a sweatshirt, some socks, or even wrap up in a blanket. Now, I know that I'm a little biased because anything less than 70 is chilly for me, but seriously, Ohio gets cold! Thankfully I had a space heater. Weekly I would get yelled at because I kept my room a nice 75-80 degrees. I could stay in shorts and a t-shirt all year round and while it was glorious to me, my parents got sick of me complaining whenever I left my room because of the cold.

But seriously, my dad would make fun of us and get a little irritated when we would bust out the space heater and heaven forbid we even looked like we were touching the thermostat. So for years, and I'm talking YEARS, we've suffered in cold-becuase dad didn't want to turn on the heater. So, I don't know if it's age, or the fact that Kellan is in the house and my dad doesn't have the heart to freeze him out, but today, October 8, 2012, my Dad turned on the heat. Best day ever!!!

2 comments: