10.03.2012

hell has frozen over...

As of 2 min. ago, Kellan actually soothed himself to sleep!! WAHOO!!! The best ending to the most horrific morning ever! (yes, I meant morning) Last night was one of Kellan's worst night's for sleeping and it's literally so bad that it's funny. Let me start from a few nights ago....

Kellan has been a good sleeper for the past few weeks, he'll wake up once for a feeding then is up at like 6-7 for another feeding then will go down for a nap (sometimes) around 9:30. It was getting better and better each day...until last week. Suddenly Kellan became a little needy and would wake up 2-3 times a night and just never seems satisfied after he ate. So we supplemented more and tried to get him all tanked up for the night. You would think that would work...but no.

So now we come to yesterday where Kellan had been quazi fussy all day, took a nice 1 1/2 nap  in the morning then slept off and on for like 10 min throughout the afternoon....at night Kellan went down at 9, and then woke up at 9:45 then fought off sleep until about 10:40. Awesome right? I didn't think so either. Well, he finally went down at 10:40, then proceeded to wake up at 12:30, 1:15, 3, 4:30, 5:45ish, and then again at 6:45. Best night ever. Well, what I failed to mention was that he was fussy most of the times in between and that when I was changing him at 3, he peed on me. ALL over. Well, we then had the grand finale of the night...(if you have a weak stomach don't read on just enjoy the cute picture of kellan looking at me clean up his mess....)





At around 7, Kellan pooped and so I did what we have to do every time now-after the first round, we wait about 10 min, then come the second round and he's done. So I did that. And I even waited a few min after his second round to make sure he was done. Well, obviously he wasn't because as I was putting his dirty diaper off to the side, he piked (yes, he's piking and grabbing his feet now) and pooped not just on himself, but me, and also the carpet a good 2 feet away from his changing area. BEST. MORNING. EVER. Of course, all I can do is laugh at the fact that my son is now just grinning away and looks so proud of his accomplishment.

Needless to say, I am tired, thankful Kellan is finally asleep and very excited to take a nap myself asap and am still loving motherhood. If you didn't get a visual enough of what had happened, I took pictures for proof for david. Enjoy.
A big thanks goes out to Dreft and Oxyclean for cleaning up the carpet!! 

PART (yes only part) of what was on my shirt from Kellan's incident 






1 comment:

  1. Ha ha that's happened to me. Brooklyn pooped on me 2 times in less than a minute and she was on antibiotics, so it was completely runny. It was dripping off my arms. Oh the joys of being a mother. I'm excited that you're having these experiences, it makes for funny times to look back on.

    ReplyDelete