3.22.2010

heart shaped pb&j's, coco puffs, and homemade salsa!!

well this weekend has been quite an eventful and productive one! david and i decided that we needed to be grown-ups and get jobs. david has successfully found 2, he is currently only working the one, and will be starting his second once school gets out in april! I was just chit chatting with a dear friend on campus and she happens to be the dean of students for the business and communication college here at school-well, she hooked me up with a sweet job and i started this past saturday! She is the best and i totally owe her a loaf of great harvest bread!! 
so, i started bright and early saturday morning. i reported at 8 am-but i got a call from david at 7:15 asking me to stop by before i headed off to my "first day of work." so i get to his place and he had made me breakfast so i would have enough energy and packed me a snack! he is too good to me! i got a little container of my favorite cereal mix, and then a pb&j that was cut in the shape of a heart-haha oh how i love him! he is always doing the sweetest things, and thinks of everything! so i off i went with a happy heart and stomach to work! i will be a facilitator for this organization called "vision conference" honestly it's like leadership and team building experience retreats that businesses take their employers-we don't do the whole trust fall, but we do teach the importance of why their here at school as students and teach them about the resources here on campus. it's really great, and it's a wonderful way to introduce students to the school and get them going on the right direction. the 1 1/2 hour session is mandatory for all business and communication students, but is open to everyone. well currently, we just took it from a 3 hour session down to a 1 1/2 session, and are trying to organize everything down to the basics and do a whole ad campaign for it. we'll be making a video, power point presentation and will be helping out with the actual training sessions! it's the best job ever-it'll be busy for sure these next couple of weeks, but it's going to the best organization ever! i'm so excited to really get into things and help out :) 


so, for sat i participated in the session, and then we discussed what we were going to change and how we could make things better-at about noon we headed back home and david was all ready to go shopping! for his job he needed to get a few more button up shirts and so we headed off to IF and went shopping, he got some shirts, i got some shirts for work as well, and i got my ring cleaned-that was so great! it sparkles even more now! wahoo!! 
after shopping for a bit, we headed off to my massage appointment. my back and neck had been KILLING me lately and i was just fed up with it and so i booked an apt with this lady named emma who came highly recommended to give me a massage. she ran it out of her home and she was just the cutest little thing! i wish i had gotten my picture with her, her certificates lined the walls with different awards and some pictures from some of her clients and their children-david was so patient and waited and read some magazines and chit chatted with us while i got my massage-well emma was too good to be true, she really helped me out and told me all about her horses and different animals, and how she became a massage therapist and elaborated on what i could do to stay healthy-she was so nice. well, she ended up working on me for 2 hours!!! and she only charged me for 1!!!! i about died when she handed me the bill, she said that we were a breath of fresh air, and was excited to see us again if i needed more work. 
well...david and i had to head back to the mall really quick to pick up a last item for a friend then headed home. after that we stopped by and said hello to my friend tyler and his girlfriend summer since  they were only here for the weekend and then we went and watched a movie with his sister. 
today i took my mom's advice and laid low-i skipped church and slept in till about 12:30, took a nice hot bath and then wore my pj's all day!!! david made me lunch after he got off work (again he is too good to be true and has just catered to my every need and then some since my back's been bad) and we did some homework. well my old mission companion paige came into town for a little bit and so she visited us as well, we had a great time catching up and reminiscing of old times on the mission! it was so funny and i think david was surprised at some of the stories! after a wonderful time with paige, we did some dinner and then david had to go to his audition with his a' cappella group-they did great and i'm going to go see them perform this thurday! david does their beat-boxing and his is absolutely incredible!! he is so talented and people are always in awe at what he can do! i had him try to teach me a little, but let's be honest, i could only get a simple "phef" out and it's taken me like a month to do that! haha little by little, i just tell him that i'm going to surprise him one day and start beat boxing a love rap for our anniversary. 
so after that we headed off to his sister laura's place and watched some burn notice and ate some homemade salsa with some chips!!! it was a great and very relaxing day! i felt so lazy, but i don't care! now, i'm not tired b/c i slept in so much, but i have to get up early so i have to try to get to bed now :/ ugh, i have to go print off a picture for my copywriting class, we did a magazine ad for a company called DBot5-they're pretty sweet and modern with an edge, it was fun doing the ad, i hope we get a good grade on it!! well, i'm off to bed-and hopefully i'll get more than the recent 2 hours i've been getting! i realized that i slept more last night than i had this whole week combined! that's SAD!!! ugh, stupid back! i just hope that i'll be able to stop that trend this week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment