3.10.2010

mr. sun, sun, mr. golden sun....

Well it's been a while, and i apologize. life has been crazy. absolutely crazy, but i love it and wouldn't have it any other way. well. lots has happened. first off i got engaged to the most amazing man ever and i am so blessed to be the future mrs. gailey. on the mission i realized what it really meant to love someone and to have a desire to serve them with all that you have-you lie awake at night thinking of how you can make their life better and how you can share with them the joy and the happiness which you have-when i was reaching my final transfer, i made the goal to continue that same love and desire to serve throughout my life. in my final interview my mission president, told me that the love which i have had for people in arizona will continue to bless me, BUT i will never feel that fulfillment of that love until i find that special someone who i can serve and devote myself to. now, upon returning home, i realized a difference-i wasn't as happy as i was when on the mission, even though i was doing what Heavenly Father wanted me to do, things weren't the same and it bothered me. so i began to serve and that gaping hole in my heart started to be filled once again-but there was still something missing. and then, david reentered into my life-let's be honest here, right before he came over i was thinking that it would be a quick 20 min catch up-hey how ya doing post mission meet and greet then i realized once he opened the door that there was something different. now after some time i have become just as happy as i was on the mission, and then some. each day he surprises me with a little note or something small and treats me better than i could ever imagine. We love to serve, and look for opportunities to go to the Temple, and serve others and each other. i am truly blessed and still in awe at how i could ever get a guy like david and somehow convince him to marry me! ha :) we have yet to determine a date, but we couldn't be happier and know things will work out the more we plan and pray and rely on our Father in Heaven.  


although my head is in the clouds, my brain is still stuck in my books-school is KILLING me right now, not because there's a lot of work to do, but the classes i do have take a lot of time and a LOT of memorization. not my forte, but eh-i'm getting over it. I have a HUGE project due in 1 1/2 weeks which i'm excited for-it's for my copywriting class, and i just love it, i'll post a few pics as i progress with everything. then there's the opinion/statement paper which will be a blast to write, and finally there's history....good ol' history. i'm grateful for the foundations which my ancestors have laid, and for those men and women who have built this nation from the ground up-but really...this class is making it miserable. oh well-enough griping!!! 


my battleship team is dominating. of course, it's all me-haha not really, i just hold a shield sometimes, or splash water in other people's faces. :) oh how i've missed the water so. i'm super excited because david and i are going down to utah in  1 1/2 weeks to see my lovely grandma laubaugh who is visiting utah. on our way down, or back up, we're going to stop at the lava hot springs!!! :D i'm so so so so soooo excited! it will be a nice detour from the 4 hour drive down :) i just have to remember to bring my towl, and shave-haha i've been horrible at remembering to do that. haha, speaking of shaving, i thought i might be nice to my fellow teammates and shave my legs and armpits-funny how you just sometimes forget for a week or 2...or 3. well...i thought that i had gotten everywhere...but no, i missed 3 large and noticeable spots on my legs and then i forgot to do my left armpit...not my finest hour, but oh well-i feel that it was somewhat intimidating to the other teams, it was my own unique defense strategy. maybe one day i'll have motivation to shave...


my ipod touch will be the death of me.  it's another current addiction. wether i'm waiting for class to start, in between classes, or just bored-i have found that there are a few games which can consume my time and make it much more enjoyable. now, i've never been one for games-but seriously-scrabble is addicting, i never knew how competitive i could get over a stupid word game! it's a networking game, so i can find my friends on it and play against them, or have a random opponent. well my friends know me and know for a fact that my vocab isn't the greatest and so i play fair with them-but seriously, there are some fiesty characters out there! pulling out freaking 89 point words on me-you gotta find the cheats! thank goodness for scrabblecheat.com haha i know it's a low blow, but sometimes it's the only way you'll win! haha how pitiful-but really, it's still FREEZING here in rexburg, so playing a friendly game of scrabble will have to do for now. 


speaking of rexburg-the weather here is insane. really-it can be like 40 degrees in the morning and then by lunch it's down to 25 and starting to snow!! it's been tricky b/c i'll walk out to see if i need a jacket, and then like today, i opted not to have one, and then BAM! we get blasted with some more winter wind and about an inch of snow! we're in march mother nature, please get the seasons right! 


along with these festivities, i went to a delightful concert and have had a few more sunday dinners with some close friends and future family-we also have started to have a mini FHE on sunday nights-it's been so great. I love being able to study for specific topics and people. I think i'm going to revamp my scripture study for a little bit and study by topic and question. I have loved learning and growing from reading and recognizing the hand of God in all things, but I am ready for a change and to spice things up a little more. 


The other day i was reading and i accidentally closed my Book of Mormon. i reopened it real fast and it turned to 2 Nephi 2: 25 which read:
"Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have JOY." 
and it hit me. I had an overwhelming peace come over me, and i couldn't deny the love which my Heavenly Father has for me personally. how pure and how calming it is to know that we are all spirit children of a divine heavenly family. I love knowing that in all that happens here on earth, our purpose is to have joy. so when i'm in a difficult situation, i try to remember-how am i going to receive joy from this experience, now...or later down the road?  
life is good-and that's how Heavenly Father intended it to be. 


well, i am finally getting sleepy...but for another post i have a few comments on blessings. oh how i love blessings, and being a blessing for someone else. goodnight :)



4 comments:

  1. uh... YAY!!!

    Congrats! I'm so excited for you. If you need any help planning or want to fly to DC for some dress shopping or something let me know - i'm always up for dress shopping. Although you'll probably find a lot more dresses out there...lol... : )

    Anyway - I'm super excited for you! And so is Molly. And Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy I'm so excited for you. When is the big day? I'm also addicted to my ipod touch. Joe took it away from me because I had used it for so long that my eyes were watering! I so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys so much we are so excited and couldn't be happier!! we're still looking at dates, but we'll let you know for sure!! hahaha, i know, the ipod is just too tempting, and seriously what is more important that destroying the random opponent in scrabble, or getting a high score in my tap game :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I should mention that I sort of felt the same with about the mission/finding Brian thing that you wrote about above... and don't worry - having children keeps that feeling going so strong. Not only do you want to serve but you want to serve so that you teach them how to as well.

    ReplyDelete