3.18.2010

Today was wonderful!! Things could get any better-it was BEAUTIFUL outside, i have come to realize that by the end of winter i get a little grumpy. i think the whole city of rexburg does-i mean, i love freshly fallen snow, but i can only take so much of the -40 degree weather and wind chill factor, and then it just gets dreadful. But no, for the past 2 days it's been a delightful 40-50 degrees, so delightful that i haven't worn a jacket-and that is a miracle. :) there is no need to mention the rumor of snow tomorrow and friday, but i am just grateful for the glimpse of spring. It has given me HOPE for the ability to walk outside my door and not have the urge to run back into my warm covers on my bed. 


along with wonderful weather, i got ROCKSTAR parking EVERY TIME i went up to campus. I know, i know, it seems very lazy of me to drive the 3 blocks to campus, but,  in my defense, my back has been a little out of wack for the past few days, and to save me from as much pain as possible, i've started driving the 2 mins :) but-currently in rexburg there is a shortage of parking and there are some INSANE laws with where and when you can park certain places around the city and especially on campus. leaving the population a 1 in 500 chance to find a parking space. Well, my prayers were answered and i got front row all day!! either someone was pulling out or i just happened on an empty space! it was GLORIOUS!!! usually i have to circle a few dozen times to find one in the way back corner-but not today-it was the official 'mandy get's rockstar parking' day :) 


also, this week has been filled with tender mercies and miracles from Heavenly Father. Oh how i love Him, and all that He does for me. In my scripture study i've been focusing on the Christlike attributes from Preach My Gospel. If you don't have that book in your house, get it asap-it will help you focus on your studies, and allow you to grow and become closer to your Heavenly Father. Well, as i've been studying, i've realized that at times i'm not very christlike. hehe...but, other than that, i've been able to learn more about my Savior and all that He has done for us, and me personally. I've had a goal to exemplify an attribute of His each day this week, and although at times i fail miserably, i have become more aware of my surroundings, and how i treat others. 


my miracle of the week is my dear friend sister. bergstrom. she is the dean of the college of business and communication here on campus-a few years back i had her as a teacher and we bonded over our love for cookies and talking and have been friends ever since. upon returning to school we've had a few opportunities to catch up and reminisce of the good ol' days when i would try to get her to let us have a class slumber party at her house. :) well...this past week i went in to say hello to her secretary eva who i just adore, and then sister bergstrom called me into her office and we just started chit chatting-she asked if i had a job or was looking for one, and i said i was looking but didn't have one. she told me to email her my resume, and so i did last night at you know, about 12;30...then this morning by 11 she had emailed me 3 times, and called me once to let me know that i had some very promising job opportunities and was wondering when i could start. oh how i love her. she is incredible and is always looking for ways to serve EVERYONE, even me! 


speaking of jobs, david was able to secure 2 very good jobs for the summer so far, we're just waiting to hear back about the third, but that one will just be the icing on the cake. his jobs are another miracle for this week :) i am so grateful that his is eager to work hard and do all that he can to succeed. he is anything but lazy and is always looking for opportunities to either serve someone, or become better in an aspect in his life. 


because of my back being a little out of wack these past few days, i've spent a lot of time laying down, or just resting. you know, laying low :) well...i was organizing some of my photos and i saw some oldies but goodies-the first is alex. oh how i love him-he has always been the most kind boy i've ever known. i do believe that this was the summer after my first year at college and alex and i had made a list of things that we were going to do before i left for college again. finger painting was one of the items on the list and he had drawn me. we eventually ended up with war paint and had an air soft gun fight in the back yard when my dad proceed to come up to the drive and shoot both of us then :) oh how i miss those lazy summer days when alex and i would just play and cuddle, watch elf, and take bella on walks to the park or just chase her around the yard together. we would go get ice cream after his football practice, or go swimming where i would watch him do cannon balls to splash the girls sitting on the side of the pool-i miss alex so much. he's always been my best friend and i love him so much :) 
the second is of bella...also a dear family member. i think we had just found her christmas antlers in a box and decided that she needed to try them on for size again. in the picture she had recently discovered her ability to jump up on the ledge by herself-she would sit there for a while then go to the door to be let out and chase the squirrels. she always has been a great guard dog for our yard. also one of the best cuddle buddies. 


ps. happy st. patty's day :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment