8.06.2010

Dressers and DI

So I have much to update, but there is no time! Currently I'm in glorious washington with the gailey family and we're going to have an open house for david and I tomorrow. David said that he called blogging about our flight over, but I can't help but comment about my DI experience from yesterday.

Over the past few days david and I have been looking for things to furnish our new apartment. at the time we were looking for a new dresser or something of the sort to put some extra clothes in-well...we love to fix things up and so of course david suggests that we go to the DI to find a dresser that we could fix up and use. well...i decided to venture out and check out what was going on at the DI-i get there and find this little dresser that would be a decent fit...I open up the first drawer and get this whiff of something RANK-it was one of the worst smells i've ever smelt-i won't go into details, but seriously it was in the top 3 worst smells i've ever experienced. So, instead of leaving it alone, I decide to see if the dresser is functional and open the rest of the drawers, the helpful DI worker comes over and asks if I need help, and right after I decline I open up the last drawer and get an even stronger whiff of the rancid odor and start to puke. Not just a little 'oh i just puked a little in my mouth,' but a 4 heave fill the dresser drawer with my lunch and breakfast puke. Not my finest moment, but it happened. The worker just came over and removed the drawer and took it in the back. That was all. I had vomit splattered across my face and shirt, a little in my hair and as I look up teary-eyed, I see this mexican in his mid twenties just gawking at me and then laughing and talking to his friend in spanish. I surprise him and reply back-and continued to remind him that I was fluent and understood everything crude thing he was saying. So after wiping my face clean with the towel on the rack-I went straight to walmart, gum in my mouth and all hand sanitizered up and bought a steralite container.

Thank you DI for another memorable experience.

2 comments:

  1. Please excuse me while I LAUGH OUT LOUD! Winner of the DI finds for the month goes to MANDY! Ok, next time you come visit me and your mission (two huge reasons), I'm going to show you all of my DI furniture. Maybe it will take the sour taste out of your mouth (snicker snicker!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks jessica! David want to come down to arizona sometime soon!!! he served in new mexico so the south west is very dear to us both!! i'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete