7.28.2010

Our new apartment!!!!

Well it's official, I HAVE MY OWN APARTMENT!!!! ( with david of course) haha so yesterday David and I got the keys to our first little one bedroom apartment, which in all actuality is much more spacious than we had thought in the first place. It feels so weird, it really does, I'm still expecting 4 other girls to walk in the door at any time and say, "Hey! I'm you're new roommate!" as the scream dagger sound effect plays in the background and all I can do is just cringe and endure yet another semester of drama and catty-ness. BUT NO!!!!!! Thank goodness, I will only have 1, yes 1 roommate ever again! (well until we have kids, but that's not for a while) but really-reality just hit this morning as I woke up and didn't have to wait for the shower.  :)

Let's rewind a second.....
Yesterday 10am...David and I go and pay/pick up the keys to our new apartment. Have a tour of everything and started making notes of everything that we needed/wanted to do to the place.

10:15am-Started unloading the 2 cars with all of our things. I attempted to help and carried in the small things so that David could carry the big things. :) Thank goodness he's strong or else I would've been dragging everything inside!

After  2 hours I had to get to work so David went and continued to pack and do his thing. Once 5 hit I was out of there and we picked up a small bite to eat since our fridge was barren and our motivation was lacking to go shopping. but, we then started unpacking once again and did as much as we could then watched some Robin Hood on the projector and then david went back to his place. I didn't feel bad for him just sleeping on mattress because since our bed isn't here yet, I tried sleeping on the love seat, then moved down to the floor for the night. haha

Today has been pretty much the same. Just more work, so there's less unpacking. I'm just waiting for the call to go back home and let the people who are bringing our bed in.

Other than unpacking I'm just finishing up laundry, and trying to pack and prepare for the weekend. It's been so crazy and hectic that I haven't been able to do anything for it-oh well!! things will work out in the end. ok, i'm back to work and done with this blog that has taken me almost an hour to write haha

-Pictures will come once we get things organized better!!-

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy!! there are few things more exciting than that first apartment all to yourself!! CONGRATULATIONS!! and as of right now as I'm typing you have officially been MRS. Gailey for OVER 24 hours... I CANNOT WAIT to get all the details of the weekend! I wish so bad I was there!!

    ReplyDelete