3.01.2013

Little Shrimps

                                 
This past January a new YMCA opened up in Wadsworth and OH. MY. GOSH. it is amazing! Our family seriously goes at least twice a day to either a class or to work out. It is so much fun and we are taking advantage of it's awesome activities and prices! 

One of the classes they offer is a mommy and me swim class called 'Little Shrimps.' Hands down, it has been the best class by far! It's for 45 min and we sing songs, practice kicking, paddling, and going under water. There are different games, toys and lots of friends to play with as well. 

I love that he is getting used to the water now because summer time means waterskiing!!!!! Kellan has actually been dropping hints to me about getting a life jacket for his birthday so he can actually go on the boat...we'll see. I mean really, it's never too early to start kneeboarding :) 

The pictures are from the first class when Kellan didn't really know what to think of it. haha Either he had his death grip on my hair, or he was looking around taking everything in. After about 15 min of gawking he opened up and started to splash and kick around. Since then once he sees the pool he's in an all out panic to get to the water. 

please note his death-like grip on my hair



 
After the class Kellan was so tired! I had to literally hold him up for pictures, he just wanted to cuddle...then we got into the dressing room and he decided to be squirmy again. awesome. Let's be honest, I love the class, but dread the changing room afterwards haha-it's always a struggle since he's constantly into everything! But it's worth it :) We love little shrimps!



1 comment:

  1. little shrimps is the cutest name for a swimming class ever! and you look so hot in your swim suit! I would never guess you had a child! hot mama! glad kellan had a good class and got snuggly! I want to check out the new ymca there next time I visit! sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete