7.22.2010

sleepless in rexburg...

oh how i love sleepless nights...there is nothing i haven't tried tonight from counting turtles to singing the snowman song that i learned in primary...i just can't fall asleep. As I started reading my scriptures (sadly most of the time that puts me to sleep in 5-10 min) I started to remember all of the things that i have been taught over the years. I am eternally grateful for all of the blessings that i have in my life now because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

mid last week marked my one year for being home off the mission and as I pondered about that I couldn't help but just smile and cry (because that's what i do now...cry haha) i have so many memories and people that i will never forget. i will be able to take what i've learned from them and build that upon my own foundation so that i can be strong for someone else.

i'm getting married in 9 days...single digits. i get to be with my best friend for the rest of eternity-how wonderful is that? there is no one else in this world who i trust and love more than David. I feel bad because i've been such an emotional wreck with school, work and attempting to plan a wedding/receptions. (thank goodness for great mothers who know exactly what needs to be done) i can't even begin to explain how grateful i am for david and his ability to make everything right again. he just makes the world all better.

we bought a love seat the other week, and a few days ago we bought our kitchen table and chairs which we will be recovering to match our decor. i started packing everything tonight and it started to hit me that i'm getting married. like i've known this for a long time but really...i'm packing up my stuff to go move into our new apartment. (i'll be living there and setting things up until we get married and then we'll move david in) but let's be honest here-I'M moving into OUR first apartment that we can decorate however we want, we won't have annoying roommates ever again, and it'll just be us...and toothless, trevor and abby the turtles. :)

oh how life changes so fast and things come so quickly-i love it, and am so excited for what is to come

No comments:

Post a Comment