7.09.2010

this is for you laura

I was chastised by my wonderful sister Laura how I haven't updated in 6 weeks...so here is my pitiful excuse of an update. :)

1. i'm still engaged and alsmot done with all of the wedding plans
2. i got some wonderful high heels for the wedding-they are 4 inch heels with an open toe, and an ankle strap. they are plum purple and just amazing.
3. invites are finally out and with that our engagements went great :) wendy did an incredible job and we had seriously so much fun with her.
3.5. along with the invites and shoes, david and i picked out our flowers and i'm soooo super excited about them!!! i'm having irises, some kind of lilly (REALLY DARK PURPLE), some green flowers that are tiny and look kind of like roses, some white tulips, and then some other purple flowers-needless to say, i am excited and just love my new friend mark who is doing them for me. :)
4. I have a turtle named toothless-I think i blogged about him earlier, but he's still the best turtle-child ever!!
5. On a more recent note we went down to salt lake and went to lagoon with some of the gailey clan-it was just a delight to spend a care-free day and enjoy the people that i was with. :)
6. a few weeks previously we went down to SL to celebrate Grandpa and Grandma's 65th wedding anniversary. it was filled with lots of gailey's and creamy's. what more could you ask for?
7. Momma g came into town with John-and they are always crowd pleasers-we had a blast at costco and texas road house, ying yang and it was just nice to have family dinner :)
8. i am still working with academic advising and that's been a blast. recently i've had the opportunity to tell multiple students that because their lack of caring and planning that they will not be graduating this semester...and sometimes the next. I think it's incredible how some students just don't care and then suddenly they think that since they've been here for 5 years and have taken classes that they deserve a deploma. especially when they have 75 unused credits in their transcript and only 50 going towards their degree. i love my job :)
9. the semester is coming to an end and i'm working my hardest to keep my head above water. it's been the hardest semester of my life. classes are hard, work has been long, and planning a wedding just added to everything. don't get me wrong, it's been a blast-but so much work and so much stress-i'm ready to just be married and live day to day.

i'll add pictures later and share some perspective when i'm in more of a blogging mood.
laura-i'll do better-expect another update tomorrow. or i owe you a snowcone that doesn't taste like tanning.

2 comments:

  1. Ow Owwwww! What a wonderful update. Now I know what you have been doing with your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy! where do I begin?? I've meant to call you a zillion times... there is a giant hole in every family get-together when you aren't with us! So much going on for you right now!! I just spent the last hour laughing over all of yours and david's FB pictures and comments and decided to top off the night with your great blog! What a treat.... my favorite's are the big foot impression, the trampoline jumping place pictures, and your GORGEOUS engagement pictures!! Oh mandy how I miss you!!! and am just so THRILLED for your almost here WEDDING!!! YEEEEHAW!! I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET DAVID FINALLY!!

    ReplyDelete